Saturday, November 17, 2012

As promised :-)

HAHA!  I'm actually sticking to my promise (which is amazing as what I really SHOULD be doing right now is finding all my valuables ornaments and putting them in there original boxes so I can start on other PCSing jobs hehehe)

And I have some questions for all you homeschooling ladies out there in blogger land.
 What curriculums are you using with your children?
What are the benifits of those curriculums?
Are there any that you would like to try but haven't yet?

You see, I've run into a problem!  My beautiful Bug is progressing a tad bit to fast.  We had been working on a combination prek/k4 curriculum that was FANTASTIC (thanks to Confessions of a Homeschooler) but now my little 2.5yr old has mastered all of the letters/site words/numbers/math problems/phonics ect in the curriculum.  Please don't ask me how I did this, because I didn't.  My daughter is loving homeschool and wants to do her work (most of the time) and has somehow managed to zip right through everything.  After giving her a kindergarten readiness test I'm pretty certain that accademically she's ready for a kindergarten curriculum but physically she's not.  Her fine motor skills are normal for her age, same for large muscle groups, emotions ect.  It's only the accademics that I need but I've also noticed that a lot of the things done with kindergartens require them to have really good fine motor skills.
So how do I combine kindergarten academics with a 2.5yr olds fine motor skills? 

Any help would be much appreciated!   Also does anyone have any information or opinions on getting young children tested to see if they are gifted?  Hubby and I have been bouncing the idea around with how fast she's progressing and just aren't sure whether it would be helpful or a hindrance later in life ya know?

Thankyou my blogger friends :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment