Saturday, November 17, 2012

Oh PCSing how I love thee...

So it's been a while since I last posted but you'll have to forgive me!  We've had a busy month and it's only going to get busier over the next few months.

As some of you know I'm a military spouse (and brat)  My father retired as a MSgt in the USAF when I was 18, my step mum is active duty still and my Husband is a SSgt in the USAF!  Not to mention a sister who goes to boot camp soon, a Navy uncle and a brother in law who is Army Reserves!  So obviously we have very strong military ties in our family lol!

Anyway in January we will be moving on to a new base and leaving the beautiful island of Okinawa behind.  It's been a fantastic 3 years with 2 new babies and a lot of adventures and I will be really sad to leave such a fantastic culture!  But as with all things there is a HUGE silver lining.  We'll be moving to North Carolina to be 3hrs from my Mum, 8 hrs from my Dad and 10hrs from the hubbys family!!  For those of you who've always lived near your family this may not seem like such a big deal but we've never lived near enough to really see ours very often.  My hubbys family has only seen Bug 2 times in her life and still hasn't met Mr Man.  My Dad has only seen Bug twice but he did meet Mr Man when he was still teeny.  My Mum got to spend lots of time with them while I was there to give birth (loooooong story, maybe I'll share another time)  but it still feels like they miss out on seeing family when we're so, so far away from them.  Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change my life for the world and I really hope that in a few years we can be stationed overseas again (maybe Italy next time??) but there are some drawbacks!

Anyway I promise tomorrow I will post something thought provoking (or at least SOMETHING!)

Until then :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment